Saturday, February 27, 2010

Random Thoughts today

Hi!
It has been a while since I have been here so I have a lot to catch up on. I am now off the insulin pump. Making healthy choices for myself and my family now. I am on a journey to better health. For the first time in my life I am loving to exercise. I am not succumbing to the same old excuses I was before. I am seeing progress in myself. Food doesnt tempt me like it did before. Maybe it is because I feel this time is different. I want to make healthier food choices, healthier activity choices not only for me but for Jackson too. I cant control Bob... :)LOL But I can influence Jackson in eating healthy. For those that may not know it, Diabetes seems to run rampant in our family. I want to teach him the best way to deal with eating and exercising to put off his chances as LONG as possible. So far so good. I am losing weight and feeling better than I have in a long time. I dont feel like I am in a fog, but like I am energized and ready to go!

We had a great trip this month to see my parents. I did get sick while there but otherwise a great visit. I thought about that while I was up there. What better place to get sick than at your mommas house? :) No matter if you are three or thirty three you need your momma. I remind myself of this. Especially when I look at Jackson and see how big he is getting and how fast he is growing. He is definitley getting more and more independent everyday. Part of me is so excited because he is learning to do things for himself. The bigger part of me is sad because he is no longer a baby. One day soon, he wont want me to walk him to school, give him big hugs and kisses in front of his friends. He will wnat to play with his friends instead of playing with me in the backyard. But I try to remind myself.... no matter how old he is, he will still need his momma. Maybe not when I think he would need me but when he thinks so. He asked me the other day when he was going to have to go to school. I told him that in the fall he would go for a couple hours a day and then next year would be kindergarten. He said but mom... I am going to miss you when I am at school. :) Ohhhhhh.... I look forward to a few hours to have some ME time. But what am I going to do without my little man running around here?
Remember, every day is precious. Every moment, no matter how minute it may seem, is precious and you can never get it back. Only in a memory.
Well I guess I should go cook dinner now. The boys are outside cleaning up the backyard and playing with the pups. Keep us in your prayers and thoughts as we will you guys!
Until we meet again....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!