Friday, February 5, 2010

Trials and Tribs of a Three year old...

whew... This has been a week...Anyone out there have a three year old with an attitude? :)LOL My little man is trying me and his daddy big time. I know it is part of him growing up and he will grow out of it... (eventually) But sheesh. He turns my own words against me which is not fun at all. Did I do that to my mom and dad? Surely not.. ;) I am glad we have our playgroup though because at least I know I am not alone in this. I KNOW I am not but it is nice to hear others going thru the same thing sometimes. He told me not to backtalk him yesterday... Isnt he too little to have that much attitude? hahah. I know I am very blessed and very lucky to have such a great son. I thank God for him everyday and dont know what I would do without him. He is my world! I never knew I could love someone so much before. Oh, I love my husband more than anything. He is the greatest thing God sent me for me. But that love is so different from what I feel for Jackson. When he looks at me and says I love you mommy, or you are so beautiful mommy, My heart jumps a beat. I never knew that someone could cause so much love and worry and fear all at the same time. I know.. God has not given us a spirit of fear... but when you have a little one running a fever of 103 and not knowing how to get it down and you just want to make him feel better, fear creeps in. Or when they are outside and you are worried they are going to fall off the jungle gym but you have to let go and let them try it out and grow up. He is growing up way too fast. I love every minute I get to spend with him and wish I could keep him little forever...(sometimes...:))

I wonder if God wishes that about us. Wishes He could keep us new to our faith. I know He wants us to grow in Him and learn but when we get bigger we tend to get our own mind about things. We want to stretch out our wings or try something "new" He tells us to stay away from. That gentle prodding our of hearts saying, "Son/Daugther, go the other way.. Dont go down this road,". But we do anyway because we are growing and want to do it on our own. But just like we do our children, once they have gone down that road and return home He is waiting with open arms. He wipes our faces and picks us up and carries us home. He runs out to meet us on our way home. Thank you Lord for forgiving us and letting us come back home. Thank you that Your mercy endures forever and is new EVERY morning! Can you believe that? New Every Morning!! Wahoo !!! That is awesome.

I guess that is all I have for today. I think we will go to the mall today.. Who knows. Maybe just walk out on the trails before the rain comes. Thank you Lord for the rain and sunshine and cold and hot. Thank you for it all!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!