Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Are you Content with what you have?

Hmmm… wow what a question. At church this past Sunday Pastor Ron preached on surviving an economic meltdown. Boy, is this a message we all need to listen to over and over. Basically the point was God is in control. He knows what is going on and His plan is working and we will all come out on the other side of this. He isn’t up their worried and wringing His hands. He knows what is on the other side. As I sat there listening to him, one of the versus he read stuck out to me and has been in my mind since. Hebrews 13:5 says to be content. This is a problem with me. I think I am content. I think we are fine. But then I go to a store, or look online at something and think oh, I want that, or I want to do that. I need to learn to truly be content with what God has so richly blessed me with. He has blessed me my family, friends, home, food and clothes on my back. No, I may not have the mansion others may have, or the car that everyone else has or even the clothes they buy. But I am provided for. I am taken care of and my family is healthy and happy. Lord, help me to learn to be content with what we have and not keep wanting what I don’t need. We don’t NEED for anything. We WANT things sure. But that is where He comes in. God help me to be content with what we have. To be happy with things as they are. To love and live life to the fullest and to teach my son that THINGS don’t matter. Family and friends matter. Loving your family with all your heart. Serving God to your fullest extent. Loving others and being a witness without having to say a word. Sharing God’s love with others that may not know him. Ask yourself are you content with what God has blessed you with? I see a lot less stress in our lives if we would just be still, know that He is God, and He is in control. Lord help us all just…. Be Content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!