Thursday, May 27, 2010

Grandmothers Recipe, Wednesday Recipe day

Well, I was at Nana’s yesterday with Little Man so I will write my recipe today. I am going to share a recipe with you all that my grandmother used to make. My husband has told me recently this is one of his favorite things I cook. I am sorry but I don’t know exact measurements for this but I can tell you what I am talking about. :)

The Recipe is: Sausage Casserole

You will need:

1 Medium size bag of yellow saffron rice( sometimes I use two small ones depending on which is on sale)

1 Medium size jar of pimentos( sometimes they are in the pickle/olive aisle, sometimes in the spices)

1 can of cream of chicken soup

1 can of cream of mushroom soup

3/4 soup can of water

1 lb of ground sausage, browned and drained

1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese( i use extra sharp)

Brown your sausage. Combine first six ingredients and a handful of your cheese together mixing well. Pour the mixture into a greased 13X9 dish. Cover the top of the casserole with the rest of the cheese. Cook on 350 for an hour or so till the rice is good and tender. This is soo yummy!

Hope you enjoy it and let me know if you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!