Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday Savings- I did it!!!!!

Finally I did it! :)

DSCF1225

I finally had a shopping trip where I spent LESS than I saved. Wow that was great! I went to Publix today. Coupons in hand and sales in mind.

I only needed a few things. So I came out of Publix with this:
Before Sales and Coupons: 41.71
Sales and Coupons: 21.55
Total Out of Pocket: 20.16

Okay, so in the grand scheme of things it is not a HUGE amount different but it is a start. I noticed it on the screen as the cashier was applying my payment and i got excited! I told her about it and she just smiled and said great. She was very young and very sweet but here’s the thing. To some people it may not be a big deal. I used to be the one who just made a list, tried to buy it on sale and wouldn’t bat an eye at spending WAY more than needed to be spent. When you are a stay at home mom with one income it makes a HUGE deal. I am so thankful to my Southern Savers website I found. I can’t tell you how much I have saved just by taking the time to look up the sales, cut out the coupons and buy what’s on my list.

Thank you to all those frugal mommies out there that share their savings and tips with us.

I am going to be going to a coupon class in a couple of weeks with my MIL. I will let you know what I have learned!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That savings was impressive! I've enjoyed your blog so much that I'm passing on an award for you. Grab it at http://faith4moms.blogspot.com. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!