Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blessings from Above

Whew!!! The flood gates have opened in Florida. ;) I have been blessed by getting a few private clients to write for. I have been trying to get my WAHM status for a long time. This has been a dream of mine for so long and it is finally coming true. I am so thankful to the Man Upstairs for guiding me and blessing me. I have been swamped with work that I can’t complete it all. I have finally got to that point where working from home is working for me. YEAH!

This journey really and truly started four years ago. I hated the thoughts of living my little guy at a daycare. I had to work full time jobs since I can remember. God decided to move us to Florida in December of ‘08. While I wasn’t exactly sure why, I knew there had to be a great reason for us to pick up and leave the home we knew as a couple and our baby knew from the get go. My family and friends I worked with, all I have ever grown up with myself, was left behind. I was nervous, excited, scared… all of those things. This meant I had to truly trust my husband and depend on him. I mean yeah, I trusted him and depended on him, but always had my family there if needed. Now I would be hundreds of miles away from them and how do I deal? AHHH

Well, it wasn’t easy to begin with but we have gotten more accustomed to it. Guess what? I actually like living in Florida. LOL I love the flip flop weather, I am a flip flop girl. I love being close to the beach if I want to take a weekend trip. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being home with my son. Don’t get me wrong. It has not all been sugar coated candy drops but I wouldn’t change it for the world. Seeing him grow and develop and get smarter by the minute (not always great for mommy and daddy. ;)) But he is amazing and I thank God for him everyday.

So long story short, after one and a half years of truly searching, scams, and not knowing what to do, I have finally figured out what to do when I grow up. I love writing. I am pretty good at it. I finally figured out what I want to be. I want to write and I want to be my own boss. :) These things have taken me several years and thoughts to get where I am today. I am thankful for the journey I have taken to get here and can’t wait to see where this leads to.

So if I am not on here quite as often as I was, please know I haven’t forgotten about you guys. I am still thinking of you often and thinking of things to share with you. Hopefully, I will hit some great sales soon. :) They have kind of been lacking in that aspect lately. Hope you have a great time with your families this July week and be back soon !

DSCF1250 Me and little man on the 4th of July. Loving my little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!