Friday, July 16, 2010

End of the week

We had a great week and looking forward to a great weekend.

We went to the library twice this week and had an awesome trip to Lakeland to visit the children’s museum. My little man and I had a blast.boo fountain (Downtown Lakeland)

I have been swamped with work this week too. But something has stuck out to me this week that I wanted to share. How many times has your little one come up and asked you to do something? Play hide and seek or come watch something. How many times have you said hold on honey not right now. Just a second.

We all do this from time to time but for some reason this week it stuck out to me. How many times does he hear that from me, his daddy anyone? He wants our attention just like any other child does. No, they don’t always get it when they want it. Sometimes it is unavoidable.

But let’s make sure our children are not taking the back seat to everything we do. They should be first in our lives. I have this week just sat down the computer, stopped working and just played. Even if it was just for a few minutes. That time makes a difference. We have to all learn how to balance our time with them and with what we feel responsible for. Dishes, laundry, housework can wait. Our children can’t. They grow up way too fast and one day soon they will not want our attention. Oh, we will want to get theirs and give them ours. But one day they will not require us to focus on them as much. Or want us to for that matter. Remember to take time and stop what you are doing and pay attention. Truly listen to what they are saying. Listen to what they are telling you. If all you can spare right then is a few minutes to run around the house and scream like wild kids, do it. It means more to them than you know. Spending that little bit of time, no matter how long or how short, is what they need the most. Let them know you are listening and you are paying them attention.

I know we all do but this was on my heart this week. I know lots of us work from home and it can be hard balancing that precious commodity of time. It can be done and it must be done. Love your family and let them know it!

Have a great weekend and talk with you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!