Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday Moments... Starting Back to School

Today we started school again in our home. I have been so busy we are just winging it this week while I get plans together and a path for the rest of the school year. We have been visiting family and not been able to really stop till now. So today I took the advice of a veteran homeschool mom over at The Homeschool Classroom and just "eased in". This was especially nice today because daddy still was home from work.
We did a few things but my most exciting thing of the day so far is Boo Bear's reading.

While visiting my family we got to see a great-aunt of mine and we haven't seen them in a while. They came with books in hand and gave them to us for Boo Bear. She said to toss them or donate them if we didn't want them. Well, I am not going to get rid of books! :-) I am hoping my kiddo continues his love of reading when he can actually sit and do it alone. So I kept them. Well he chose the Dr. Seuss book Put Me In The Zoo. He picked it out and read wonderfully today. As those of you who have been following our journey you know how hard a time we have had lately with our reading. I am hoping that the wonderful progress we had today is just a jump start to our 2012 year of reading. I sat almost in tears as he was laughing and reading to me. It was wonderful!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday and a great start to your week. Be Blessed and hope you come back by our little bloggy world! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!