Friday, April 20, 2012

Weekly Wrapup: Gone to the Zoo

The Homeschool Mother's Journal 


  In my life this week...We had a sick hubby for the first part of the week and the rest of the week was okay. :) I've been trying to get things cleared out for spring cleaning. Some days I get up ready to go and others... Well, let's just say my motivation doesn't always wake up with me. ;-) I was planning to do a yard sale but honestly... I tried pricing some of the items I had and just lost my drive to do it. It would be so much easier to donate or sale on one of our local sites instead... Do you like to do yardsales yourself? Or do you choose another route?

In our homeschool this week... We watched a phonics video we got from the library. For me it was slightly boring, for Boo Bear he enjoyed it he said. We worked on counting money in our Math this week and also some place values. Just kind of touching on the place value thing but still working on it. We also read some really cute books we got from the library and listened to more of the Little House on the Prairie audio book. He loves this series and really loved The Boxcar Children. So we have also started reading one of those books since there was only one on audio. He loves audio books. So needless to say we will be on the hunt for the next great series in audio very soon :). Any suggestions?

Places we're going and people we're seeing.... We made a trip or two to the library this week. We also went to a teaching zoo yesterday with one of our homeschool groups. It was a lot of fun and I got to see these beautiful creatures up close... really close....



Isn't he beautiful? Loved this part for sure. Boo Bear had a great time playing with friends and exploring this little nugget not too far from home.

Questions/thoughts I have... How many extracurriculars do you have your children in and when did they start them? I tried Boo Bear out in Karate and gymnastics the past week and he hated both of them. Well, he didn't hate them but they brought him to the brink of tears and I just can't force him to do something he dislikes that much. He was wanting to do dance so the nice woman at the gym has gotten him into the hip-hop class. (which I think is where he wanted to be the whole time). He will be the only boy and the youngest but he's soooo excited. So my question is do you make your children do something like that if they don't enjoy it? When did you start adding things in like that?

I'm reading... A series about fairies by Aprilynne Pike. Also got a book review coming up very soon on one that is very interesting. ;) Can't wait to share it with you!!

I'm cooking... I tried out some whole wheat muffins this week. You can check that recipe out here. We also checked out one of those Velveeta skillet meals this week. It wasn't all that bad. :)

A photo from this week...

Here's my cutie about to go see some animals :)

Also linking up with Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers. What did you do this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!