Friday, September 14, 2012

MHJ The Week Things Clicked

In my life this week... It has been a pretty good week. I have been working and getting some things organized. We also had an extra day this week with Daddy in the middle of the week so that was a blast. :)

In our homeschool this week... I am so excited! I have been trying to figure out what could click to make school a little more exciting this year for Boo Bear. He is already in that are we done yet mode and we don't even get started good. So this week we took Wednesday off since Daddy was home and I figured it out ;). I downloaded a Super Mario Brothers lapbook several months ago from The Linton Academy. This was so awesome and when I found it I was super excited. See my child LOVES Super Mario Bros. Yes he plays his video games and has a DS. ;) And just like his Mom when she was little he loves Super Mario. This week he got the new Super Mario 2 game for his DS after he and daddy went and traded some others for it. So needless to say Mario is on his brain... Well I printed some of that stuff from the lapbook out and also found some free clipart and made our work box cards with it. FINALLY! It clicked. ;) We had the best school day yet yesterday. He was super excited to move those cards around and finish that work .He was also ASKING {yes asking me} if he could read the book again... Uhmmm. YES!! Mama is doing the happy Mom dance right now. If you've been reading around you know that we have struggled with getting a wild 6 year old to sit and read. He can just doesn't want to. So we are on our way to the bookstore today to see if someone somewhere may have Super Mario readers ;-)

People we're seeing and places we're going...We had a couple trips to our library. We joined the Cub Scouts this past Monday so I have a new Tiger Scout. ;) This is exciting to me and to him. We always have trouble finding boys his age. We can find plenty of girls just the boys are elusive. LOL We also did our Martial Arts class twice.

What I'm cooking... I am loving a new website I found called 100 Days of Real Food. I have made several of these recipes and they are delicious!!! I have made the Whole Wheat Toaster Pastries {AKA Pop Tarts}, Whole Wheat Waffles and the Whole Wheat Buttermilk Cheese Biscuits. The biscuits I want to play with some more but I liked them with our veggie soup last night.

I'm thankful for... The fact that it is clicking with my son this week. My awesome and wonderful hubby and my hound dog that learns about whales with us when we are in science. :)

A photo of the week...  These are the cards I made. He is also doing his math work decorating the math flowers as a fire flower ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!