Monday, October 1, 2012

Pumpkin, Pumpkin and more Pumpkin

I love this time of year. I love the spicy cinnamon smells that abound, the crisp air, (that eventually moves in) and pumpkins! I have been cooking with some pumpkin items lately and have found several I like. Some didn't turn out as well but this recipe for Pumpkin Butter was a hit!!! I also used it to make these pancakes. I really am trying to get more pictures of what I cook but it doesn't always happen. (sigh) I am working on it ;) LOL

Adapted from Skinny Taste.com

Pumpkin Butter:

1 29 oz can of pure pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie stuff)
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup apple juice
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 tbs cinnamon
1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice.

Mix everything in medium pot and stir well. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until it thickens. Stir it frequently and adjust seasonings to your taste. I did it as above and it was wonderful.

We stored it in a jar and have been eating on it. I have used it in the pancake recipe mentioned above and also on toast. It can be used in a lot of different recipes on that site. It is really great and a wonderful way to use pumpkin!

So what's cooking in your kitchen?
 Linking up with Our 4 Kiddos and


Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!