Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Creative Cooking Day 2: Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad


Salads are a great, easy summer time ( or any time) family meal. You can make them in as many ways as you like. Full of fruits, veggies, meats... the options are endless. Dressings are just about as endless. From store bought to homemade, you can have whatever your heart desires on your salad. That is the great thing about these wonderful, healthy meals. 

Let's face it. Summer in the south means it can be too hot to cook in the kitchen. Grilling is a favorite of ours all year round but I LOVE it in the summer time. That means we are not heating up the kitchen ;-). My hubby loves to grill so it works out to be beneficial both ways. Today's recipe is for a dressing to go on your salad with your grilled meats. It can work on many different salads but I love this on the grilled pork chop salad we created. 

I got the salad dressing recipe from My Life as a Mrs. Just in case I haven't mentioned it already, I love Pinterest. That is where I found this recipe and am so glad I did. The recipe is for a Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette. With this dressing a little goes a long way. It is stronger than most dressings so be light on coating your salad until you have tried it. It's always easier to add more but not so easy to take it off. 

So here ya go:


4 cloves of garlic grated
3 TBS mayonnaise
2 TBS lemon juice
1 TBS Dijon mustard
1 TBS sugar
2 TSP Morton's Nature's Seasoning
1 1/2 TSP salt
1/2 C Balsamic Vinegar
3/4 C extra light olive oil

Whisk together your garlic, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, Morton's seasoning and salt until well blended. Add in your vinegar and whisk it well. Slowly add in your olive oil and whisk while adding it in until combined. I put mine in a little jar I had here. I shook it up well once added just to make sure everything blended like it should. It was very tasty! I loved this dressing and it was one of my new favorites. 



















For our salad I combined some baby spinach and leafy greens with tomatoes, cucumbers and my hubby's awesome grilled pork chops. It was delicious! You can easily do your salad as you want it. Add bacon and blue cheese or whatever your favorite salad combo is. Make your salad, add your dressing and enjoy!


















What is your favorite summer salad recipe?

Be sure to check out all the wonderful articles that are being posted this week by clicking the blog hop button below. 




Summer Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!