Saturday, October 26, 2013

Mini Fruit Pizza's

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this time of year? I mean really love this time of year? Why? Well... it starts to cool down, fall is in the air and football season ;). No I am not a crazy wild fan that my life revolves around the game on Saturday. I just do like to watch a good football team and cheer my team on :). Roll Tide!!! Go Bama!

Ok I'm done. Really it is a wonderful time of year and I always look forward to it. I especially look forward to getting together with friends to watch a game or just hang out. The premise might be the game but friend time is always more important ;). We did that last week and we decided to have appetizers for our "meal". It turned out delicious! I am going to share one of the appetizers I made last week with you now. It is delicious, easy and was a hit!!!



I got the recipe from Daydream Kitchen on Pinterest.

Here's the ingredients you need:

1 prepared package of sugar cookie dough
4 Cups of colorful fruit of your choice (I used frozen blueberries, strawberries and peaches)
Tub of Cool Whip ( I used sugar free)
8 oz of cream cheese, softened

Take your sugar cookie dough and roll it into one inch balls. Place them in a greased mini muffin tin in a cup shape. When you put the dough ball in the muffin tin take your thumb and lightly press it into the shape of the muffin cup. I kept ice on hand because my hands would warm up the dough and cause it to stick to my fingers. Keep your hands cold is an easy way to prevent that.

Cook the dough for around 7 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not panic if your dough shells puff up. Mine did and I was worried about it because they weren't cups any longer. After I took them out a few minutes after they were done they had dropped back down and were just what I wanted.

Whip your cream cheese . Add in the cool whip and mix thoroughly. You can then place the mixture in a plastic bag with a small snip in it to fill the cups or I had a $2.00 cupcake icing topper that I used. Fill your sugar cookie cups then top with your fruit of choice.


These were a huge hit and didn't last! What is your favorite go-to appetizer?


1 comment:

  1. I've made big pizza pan ones but never seen these as minis. Thanks for sharing this idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!