Monday, January 13, 2014

Fried Pickles - Pinterest Recipe

Ok so I got to thinking. My crafty Monday posts may be a Pinterest crafty experiment post. :) I am going to try and make it a goal of mine this year to try one thing, recipe or craft, from Pinterest each week and share it. I'll share it whether it failed or whether it succeeded. This one, however, was a full success the first time. Oh my! My husband and my son went crazy over these things.

Now, I have to tell you. Fried Dill Pickles are sort of our thing. If we see them on the menu, you can probably bet it will be our choice of appetizer. They are just yummy. I have tried them at home before and just didn't get it right. This time was different.

I guess I should share that my husband had a favorite restaurant when we went to visit my parents. ALL because of their fried pickles. That's it. BBQ he could get anywhere but those pickles... well.. that was another story. Unfortunately the last time we visited this restaurant had closed down. It left him sad that he didn't get his pickles. Now, he doesn't have to worry. According to my husband these were better than those ever thought of being. That made my heart explode :) I love cooking something and getting rave reviews.

So anyway here's the recipe. I saw it over on a blog I follow and I pinned it right then. You should go over and check it out by clicking here! And if you are not already following me on Pinterest you can do that here. Let me know you are and I will return the follow!

Fried Dill Pickle Recipe Adapted from The Mob Society
(This is my adaptation. The original recipe was a little different)
Dredge
1 egg
1 cup of milk
1 TBS of flour
1TBS of Moore's or Worcestershire Sauce

Batter
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of season salt

1 32 oz jar of pickles

Heat your oil in your skillet or fryer. I used a fryer as I was also doing another item in the cooker. Drain your pickles. Mix the dredge ingredients together with a whisk. Mix your batter ingredients together in a large bowl. First dip your pickles in the dredge, then cover in the batter mix. Fry them until they are floating or brown enough for your liking. These came out very crispy and oh so yummy. My husband also made a sauce together that is similar to Outback's blooming onion sauce to dip them in. Oh My!!!

This process does take a little bit to do so it's not something you can just do in a hurry. They do come out delicious and will get rave reviews :) I hope you enjoy them if you try them.

So what crafty/recipe/new thing did you try this week?



2 comments:

  1. wow - very interesting! I have never heard of these before. Going to pin it to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I hate pickles. But most of my family loves them. I bet my husband would really go for these!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!