Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tasty Tuesday Recipe Share!

Ok so lately I've tried several new recipes. Thankfully, they were all hits!

I just recently started my Trim Healthy Mama journey. If you haven't heard of that, then you should check it out over here. Some of the recipes I'll share today came from them and some of them didn't. ;) The good thing is you can THM just about any recipe you desire once you have the hang of the plan. It's really a lifestyle change and not just another diet. While some of the things I have tried in the past have been successful (full on paleo) this seems successful and more sustainable to me. It still follows several principles of the Paleo type diet but for me cooking for two others that do not quite eat that way, it's much easier to do in our home.

So without further ado, here are the recipes on our must do again list this week!

First was a dip I tried out over a weekend. It was such a hit the first day I cooked it, I had to cook it again the following day for our next set of guests.

I snapped this photo of this hot onion dip before it could be completely gobbled up. Both days the pan was completely empty in just a few minutes. You can check it out on my Pinterest page here.

The other few recipes I want to share are some that got rave reviews from my son and hubby. The first one was called "heaven on a plate" by my 8 year old. He absolutely loved it and so did we :). It will be added to our menu plan rotation. It's called Chili Cheese Dog Casserole and it is THM compliant with low carb tortillas. I keep forgetting to take pictures when it first is finished because once it is tasted, it doesn't stick around very long.

The other great recipe we tried and was approved this week was the Cheeseburger Quesadillas. These were delicious and one of my favorites as well. You can simply take this anyway you want while keeping in the THM guidelines. It is a delicious way to eat your cheeseburger without all the guilt.

So what's cooking in your kitchen this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!