Saturday, November 1, 2014

I Wish I Were a Shark E-Book Review

If you've been around here any length of time, you may remember our struggles with reading. We would push and tears were shed and then we'd slack off and the cycle started all over again. I'm not sure what switch came on but in the past couple of years, Boo Bear has decided he likes to read. 

That is such an amazing accomplishment for him. I'm so proud of him and excited for the worlds that opened up. Honestly, once I stopped pushing what I thought he would like to read and he chose the books, it became much easier. 

That's one tip I'll share with you. If you're new to homeschooling or just new to the beginning reader, let them pick what they want to read. I always pushed him towards books that I thought he might like. While he might like them some, he wanted to read more non-fiction than fiction. He's a truth and facts kind of guy. 

Once that realization set in for me, the reading time in our homeschool was much easier. He even reads to our Golden.

One thing this kid loves to read about is Sharks. All types of sharks. He's a shark fanatic. So when we got the opportunity to review the E-book I Wish I Were A Shark by Dan Jackson, I jumped at it. 

This book is about a little dolphin that wishes it was a shark instead of the dolphin it is. Dan takes you on a journey of what sharks look like and act like and why it would be fun to be one. 

Purchase from Amazon (photo credit)
This book was very easy for my kiddo to read as it is on a Early/Beginner reader. That really doesn't matter to him because he loves books about sharks. I also try to let him read a variety of levels as this helps him improve his reading on all levels. 

If you're little one loves sharks, then this is a definite must try. It runs for $2.99 on the Kindle edition and you can also purchase a paperback. We reviewed the edition for my Kindle. I love Kindle books because we can always have a stack to read, no matter where we are. 

Swing on over and check out this book on Amazon and see what others have to say. 

Did you have struggles with your beginning reader? What tips helped you out? 


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!