Friday, June 17, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - Entry #3

These weeks are flying by! Whew!! Stop by Sue's place to catch up with other mommies this week...







The Homeschool Mother's Journal                  

In My Life This Week... We have taken it pretty slow around here this week. We are gearing up for my little guy to spend some time with his grandparents out of state. So we are just slowly moving along.

In Our Homeschool This Week... Well I signed him up for the Connections Academy with our school system. I have heard great reports from this curriculum and I wanted a full curriculum that we could afford. This is free. :) I know it follows the public school schedule and will make sure that he is where he should be for his age group. I know it is not the traditional homeschool method but we are going to try it out and see where it takes us. I have been praying that God would provide a way for me to do this and know what he should be doing so I don't feel like I am floundering around. Then one day this week I got an email that they have changed their laws and he can now join. I was super excited and can't wait to get our books in!

Places we're going and people we're seeing... We went to the library yesterday. It was really fun because we went to the Main library for our county. That means we went to the one with the HUGE children's section. ;) We had a blast doing puzzles and finding audio books for our favorite series the Magic Tree House. Boo Bear loves listening to these in the car and with a long trip to visit Mimi and Papa Sunday we will be able to listen to several.

Things I'm working on...  I am starting a list of things I would like to accomplish while Boo Bear is visiting my parents. I want to get some organization and cleaning out and up done before school starts. Try to get ourselves and routine figured out and see what we can do about our chore charts and schedules. I am a planner... This is one of my positives and also one of my downfalls {in my mind}. I have to plan and so I do. So I am. ;)

I'm praying for... Safe travels both for us and my parents as we meet. That I am doing the right thing by following that Connections Academy.

How was your week? Hope you had a wonderful one. I will hopefully be able to share some major organization going on here in the next couple of weeks. I hope you and your family have a great weekend and week ahead.



3 comments:

  1. Keep us updated on the Connections. Once my kids get in higher grades I was thinking of using that =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traditional? I think it's MOST important to find curriculum that fits for each family and child. My own kids do different curriculums! LOL I hope it works wonderfully for you! Thanks for stopping in! We'll have new chick updates soon! (Shhh! We have 8 new ones! LOL)

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower(KPort207) from the Finding New Friends Blog Hop. If you haven't already, please check out my blog and follow if you'd like to.

    http://www.justthetwoofusanddeals.com

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!