Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday Thoughts...

Boy has this morning been frustrating.... Whew!! Well it started last night.. We had a huge storm and within a couple hours we noticed we no longer had water.... Ughh.. This was at 7:30 last night that this realization came upon us. So this morning early the well guy came out and fixed the well. Either it got zapped by a power surge or the lightening we had and fried the switch. Wahoo! We now have water! Well I put in towels in the washing machine because my family is coming today and the towels need washing. Well I have my nice white towels in the washing machine and I notice that the water coming out has now turned a bright purple!! UGHH! So I am snatching towels out of the machine, grabbing my phone and calling the well guy back. This vibrant beatuiful purple color is the cause of the chemicals in the water filtering system that is on our house. We have a well and live very hard water so there is a filtering system that cleans it up every other day. Well I guess last night was the night it was supposed to do it and because there was no water to flush it through it just sat in the pipes which means... Barney colored water...
Oh my...

So I am now in the process of flushing out all the purple chemicals so I can hopefully have clear water soon and the toilet in the hall bathroom decides to act up. **BIG SIGH***

So although this was not at all how I had anticipated my day going that is where I am at now. Watching/listening to a movie I have seen a hundred times while blogging and waiting for my purple water to go away. Also hoping that giving it some time to drain will also help the hall bathroom. Did I mention we will have two extra adults plus my son coming home today? I mean it can be done but one bathroom for five peeps is not fun. Not at all.. Keeping my fingers crossed that the toilet decides to get it's act together and that the day goes easier and less messy the rest of the day. Hope you have a great Thursday and oh yeah.... MY BABY COMES HOME TODAY!!! ;o) I had to share....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!