Thursday, August 4, 2011

Recipe Review: Sharp Cheddar "Lasagna"

While I have never ventured to cook lasagna homemade before myself, I do know it takes a lot of time to do. I have eaten homemade lasagna my MIL makes and it is so wonderful! I just haven't tried to do it alone yet. ;o)

This recipe has made our menu rotation and it is quite easy and delicious. You can find it over at Kraftfoods.com and get reviews from others who have tried it as well.

You need :
Spaghetti Sauce
Ground Beef
Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese
Shredded cheese

You simply prepare the macaroni and cheese and brown the ground beef. Stir in the spaghetti sauce into the beef and warm. You will then layer the mac n cheese and spaghetti beef mixture and then top with shredded cheese. Warm it in the oven and enjoy! We love this! (even my son who was not looking forward to something new) It is child friendly and you may decide to add it to your rotation.

Check out the full recipe here. They even have a healthier version here if you are wanting to cut some calories from the original dish.

Do you menu plan? How do you do it? Do you do it by the day, week or month? I know we are trying a few different things here. I would love to hear how your family does it. Share your tips with us!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! Thanks for joining our blog hop today. I dropped by to take a look around and to follow you back. I love your turquoise wallpaper!

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, that sounds great! ...so easy too!

    Thanks for linking up with us today for the bloghop! I am your newest follower! Happy Weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for stopping by Life with Twins & a Drama Queen following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by and congratulations on starting to homeschool. I wasn't going to this year and my older 3 are staying in school. However, my youngest will homeschool again this year. I'd love to have you in the post card exchange. :) If you are interested, please email me ( contact@storm-front.org) and I'll get you on for Florida. There will be (hopefully) 50 in all, but we'll divide them up into so many send per month so no one is having to send all 50 at once.
    http://www.storm-front.org/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!