Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday's Recipe: Homemade Pancakes



My kiddo loves pancakes... I mean really loves pancakes. :) So when he asks I usually have a premade mix here ready to go. I haven't bought it lately though because we just haven't needed it. I am also trying to get away from prepackaged type items and making it from home.

So Monday when my Boo Bear got up wanting pancakes I quickly searched on one of my favorite recipe sites and found this easy, quick and yummy recipe. I want to try to slowly transfer it to whole wheat flour but I am still learning how to cook with it. So here's the recipe...

Easy Pancakes from All Recipes

1 cup of all purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

In a medium/large bowl mix together your flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center of the mix and add your wet ingredients. Mix well until smooth.
Heat your griddle/skillet over medium high heat. Pour or scoop your batter into the griddle. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Now I added a touch of vanilla to ours. I also feel like it was a little salty but I'm not sure if it was the pancakes or the bacon we had with them. If you try them let me know what you think and if you think they are a little bit salty to you.. :) {Maybe I was just being extra weird that day or something. Boo Bear said they were not salty to him. He did eat every single bite of these pancakes ;) }

So now get ready to share your favorite recipes. I am linking up with Our 4 Kiddos and

Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!