Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Diet Coke Sloppy Joes

I am not sure if I have shared this one before with you all but it's the only recipe I really have cooked recently that wasn't something simple like burgers, etc. So I hope you enjoy this. It's really tasty and my hubby would prefer this over the jar stuff. ;) It's also healthier and I got the recipe from SparkPeople Recipes.

Sorry I don't have any pictures. This went really fast last night when I cooked it. LOL Even my son gobbled it up!

Diet Coke Sloppy Joes

16 oz Ground Beef
1 cup Diet Coke ( you could use diet rite or one with Splenda.. This is what I use at times too)
10 TBS Ketchup
1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
2 TBS White Vinegar
2 TSP Dry Mustard

Brown the ground beef in the skillet and drain. Add back into the skillet with all the other ingredients and stir well. Cook this on low for about 30 minutes or until the sauce is thick.

** I also add an onion and a green/red pepper when I am browning the meat. This just adds some extra flavor and veggie power to the meal. It's really good.**


Linking up today with Our 4 Kiddos and


Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!