Monday, September 10, 2012

Surprise Boo Bear!

This past week has been.. .rough... We learned our family pet has heartworms. He tested negative 8 months ago and has been on heartworm preventative since then but tested positive this past week when we took him to get him checked out. Needless to say we were all devastated and worried and just saddened by this news. We are investigating some things to do for him but he is almost 8 years old and has some other things going on we have to get checked out as well. I have a call into a holistic vet because we want to go the least traumatic way to treat as possible. We also got some ideas from our vet so we are in a holding pattern right now. Sigh...

So with all that going on, plus having to move our other new dog to a new home, we have had a lot of ups and downs and emotional issues this past week. So daddy surprised me with taking us on a little day trip and we surprised Boo Bear with a trip to Downtown Disney. ;-) He thought we were just going to the Bass Pro shop so daddy could spend his gift card. We had a great day at the LEGO store, the T-Rex cafe and the world's largest Disney merchandise store. It was awesome! In December we are taking a family trip to Epcot with our homeschool group so this is kind of getting us ready for that.  :) I love it when we can get discounts with our group and bonuses like this!

So just keep us in your prayers as we take this journey with our pup. We have had this guy since he was 7 weeks old and he's been here longer than my son has been here. So it's rough on us all. My little guy asked me the other night was Oscar going to heaven and I told him I wasn't sure but we were going to do what we could to keep him healthy, happy and here as long as possible.

Here's a shot from our weekend adventures. :) The sun was quite bright so that's why my guy is hiding LOL...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!