Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie And Whole Wheat Biscuits

Oh boy was this delicious!!! My kiddo and hubby have requested I make this more often. ;) That is what I want to hear! Plus it was super duper easy!!

I have been looking at Pinterest and all these photos on Facebook about chicken pot pie soup or crock pot cooking etc. I just got in the mood for chicken pot pie or for chicken noodle soup last week. No matter what I tried I couldn't get it out of my mind. So on Friday I made us up a batch in the crock pot. We have a fall festival at church and I knew it would be a busy evening. Something easy and that I did not have to worry about was just the ticket for a cool fall night. This soup was delicious and tasted just like a chicken pot pie without the topping. I made these delicious whole wheat biscuits to go along with it. I have to admit. The whole wheat biscuits thing has been something that has eluded me until this past weekend. I don't know what I finally did to get it right but they were wonderful!

Here's the recipe for the Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie. I adapted this from All Recipes

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut up into chunks
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
10 oz of frozen peas, carrots, green beans. ( I had partial bags of these and combined them. You can put whatever frozen veggies you want in it that you have on hand)
3 chicken bouillon cubes
Garlic powder
Onion powder
( the original recipe also calls for potatoes but I did not have them on hand. Celery could be added as well)

Place all your ingredients into the crockpot. Cook on high for five hours. Now the original recipes has the veggies going in at different stages. I just put everything in the pot and let it go. It turned out wonderfully!

Linking up with Our 4 Kiddos and

Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!