Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Word for 2013

I'm joining up with many other bloggers in the blogosphere and choosing one word for my 2013. There are many words I can think of while pondering this year that sound wonderful: Joy, Hope, Health... When I was thinking of this year the one that stood out to me, the one that I will be prayerfully thinking on this year, the one I want to portray to family, friends and strangers is Grace. I do not know why but this is the one word that is sticking out to me...I know it is entwined with other words like joy, peace, patience...

How many times do I fail or fall and God's grace is what keeps me going. His grace lifts me up and takes me through trials that sometimes I don't know how we will get through.

    2 Corinthians 12:8-9 "Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, ' My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

I think of our school, our home and my reaction to things in this world around us. The grocery store lines, the person who cuts me off in traffic... All these reactions are feeding into my kiddo and what am I teaching him? What do we teach them when we get upset over a spilled cup of milk or when we just have lost all our patience for the day? (I'm not the only one who gets frazzled right?) Our Father gives us grace when we fail and fall and how much more should we show that grace and love to others?

I want grace and peace to reign in our home. I want the Joy that runs over to abound in our home. Lord help me to remember all the grace and mercy you have shown me so that I can show others. Help me to teach my son about grace and that he sees it not only in words but in doings with his parents.

What is the one word you have for this year?

“The cross is the lightning rod of grace that short-circuits God’s wrath to Christ so that only the light of His love remains for believers.” ~ A. W. Tozer

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/20-inspirational-bible-verses-about-grace/#ixzz2GuhIzE17


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!