Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Grain Free Almond Butter Bread

Well since I have started on my primal/paleo journey I have been trying all sorts of recipes. I have not had "real" bread since the 10th of March. :) Wahoo!! For anyone that's been around me pastas, breads and potatoes are truly my down fall. Sweets I can adjust and find things like fruit to satisfy that. I am now a lover of Dark Chocolate. The darker the better to me. Don't give me any more milk chocolate. Too Sweet!!

So when I was browsing last night for recipes for my new lifestyle I found this one. It is called the Easiest Bread Ever by Satisfying Eats.

I have been making bread and even cupcakes out of coconut flour lately. While I enjoy it and can handle it, my family on the other hand... well.. not as much :) I enjoy it because those flours have very little, if any, impact on my Blood Sugar levels. Which is AWESOME!

So when I saw this bread that has NO flour whatsoever I had to try it. You can use Natural Peanut Butter in the place of Almond Butter if you like. I had Almond so that's what I used. She also used 2 packs of Stevia instead of the coconut palm sugar that I used. You can use either one. Again I used what I had on hand.


1 cup of Almond Butter
3 Eggs
1 Tablespoon of vinegar
1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Tablespoon of Coconut Palm Sugar

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your pan with aluminum foil to make it easy to get out of the pan.  Blend all of your ingredients together. Grab your kiddos when you put the vinegar in because it has a really cool reaction with baking soda. (can you say science experiment? )
After the batter is mixed well place in your loaf pan. Mine didn't rise as high as hers because my pan was a little deeper than hers. Cook your bread for 22-25 minutes.

This might seem weird to you but it was actually wonderful. She figured the carbs at less than 4 carbs per 1/16 of the loaf! That's not too shabby!!!

I'm linking up today with : Our 4 Kiddos and



Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!