Saturday, October 5, 2013

Gourmet Girl Cooks Grain Free Pizza!

Okay so I like pizza. Love pizza actually but the wheat in the crust does not love me! So I have kind of been swearing off pizza. My son, however, LOVES pizza and asks for it a lot. I have tried other grain free recipes and they were good but this one... I think was my favorite. It was very easy to do and cooked great. The crust was like a real pizza to me and we all loved it here. So I thought I would share a blogger I found and her wonderful pizza recipe. It is awesome and you MUST go check out her other grain free selections.



Gourmet Girl Cooks Pizza Crust

Dry Ingredients
1/4 cup of almond flour
1/4 cup golden flax seed meal
2/3 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
1/2-1 tsp of Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
dash cayenne pepper, this is optional
1/4 tsp sea salt
few grinds of black pepper
4-5 tbs of Parmesan cheese, grated finely

Wet Ingredients
1 egg or (1/4 cup of egg substitute if you can't eat eggs)
1 tbs olive oil
1 to 2 tbs water ( she recommends you start with 1 tbs to begin with and see if it is necessary to add the second one)

Toppings:
Your choice! She recommends cooked veggies and meat. I didn't pre-cook my veggies cuz we like them a little crispy. So you can do either way.

Preheat your oven to 375. Mix your dry ingredients together well then add your wet ingredients. Let the dough sit for about five minutes. Spread your dough on a lightly oiled pizza pan or cookie sheet. I used my spatula that I sprayed with oil too to spread it out. It can be very sticky so you want to make sure you pan is oiled well or you have parchment paper. You can spread it out to about 1/4 inch thick or to the thickness you like. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Start checking it at 15 minutes because it can become burnt if you don't catch it :).

Now for the fun part! Spread your sauce of choice in a thin layer over the crust. Add your toppings and cheese and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Be careful not to burn your toppings.

I made two different ones since my kiddo is not fond of mushrooms like Daddy and I are :). These are our two.


Enjoy!
She has some other great tips on getting the dough like you want it. Be sure to check her out at Gourmet Girl and tell her I sent ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!