Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflections of 2010…

Well it is that time of year again. Time to change over to a new and promising year. Well 2010… here goes….

This year we lost and gained so much in our lives. We said good bye to our MeMaw. She was promoted to heaven in August and we will see her again one day.

We gained new friends in our lives and we are so thankful for all of you. My son started his school journey this year and Mommy wasn’t quite ready for it but I am so very proud of him. He is doing well and has learned so much already.

At Thanksgiving I realized how much the generations have changed since our grandparents have passed. It was a bittersweet moment as I took in all my family and how the years have changed. I have two cousins engaged that should still be running around playing outside. One going into the Marines that I am so proud of. :) He has worked hard and turned into such a respectable Godly young man. Good luck Daniel! We love you and wish we could be there to see you off. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers and we can’t wait to hear the great stories you will have to share. It is so exciting to start seeing your dreams come into reality.

This year I finally got to see my dream of working from home come into a reality. I am now writing at home and loving every minute of it. I am there for my son and can do things I always wanted to. No it is not always easy or coming up roses but I would not change it for anything.

I also got to host Christmas at my house this year for the first time since we have been married. For the first time I had my parents and my in laws together all at once. But for the first time I had no grandparents to go visit or get to see my brother. Although it was great to stay home, it was also bittersweet memories. I guess it is time I start making traditions for my little guy. I want him to have the memories I have and more.

Today marks our 2nd year of living in Florida. Things have sure changed and we are welcoming changes in the new year. So who knows what next year will bring. I know one thing is my little guy will start kindergarten. Officially in school and all day too. Wow, I am not ready for that one either. LOL

May you all be richly blessed this coming year. Enjoy your family and friends every chance you get. From our family to yours, Happy New Year!

Love,

The Ryans

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!