Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Polynesian Meatballs

Happy Tuesday to you!!! I'm linking up with some great folks today at:

Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays
This recipe has quickly become a favorite in our house and to be honest, I am not sure why I don't cook it more often. It is so very simple! Everyone here loves it and I hope you and yours do as well.

I got the recipe over at Kraft Foods a long time ago. There are several variations to the recipe but I have only tried this one since it was such a big hit!Your kiddos can help you in the kitchen by chopping up the peppers for you. I let my son do this for me so he has practice with the knives that are not sharp and learns how to handle them.

1/2 cup of BBQ Sauce
1 (20 oz) can of diced pineapple in the juice
2 cups of chopped green pepper
1 (12.5 oz)  package of frozen meatballs
brown rice or pasta to serve it on

Mix the BBQ sauce and pineapple chunks with the juice in a large skillet. Bring to a boil. Make sure to stir it often so it doesn't stick.  Stir in the peppers and meatballs. Simmer on low for about 15 minutes or until your meatballs are heated through and the peppers are tender crisp. Sauce will thicken.

Serve it over your favorite brown rice or pasta.

This are sooo delicious! I hope your family loves them as much as our family does. If you decide to try this or one of the other options please drop me a note and let me know how they went!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!