Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Antipasto Salad and Zucchini Boats

Okay so I don't have a great shot of this really because it simply went too fast... So I will share this recipe and share the other one I made this week. (I actually got a shot of it :))

The great thing about this salad is you can throw anything into it. I mean anything. The dressing is just so delicious! It's really simple too.

Grab a packet of the Good Seasonings Italian dressing mix, red wine vinegar and olive oil. I'm telling you the red wine vinegar makes all the difference. You can also add some of the McCormick's Supremo Salad Seasonings. This is great too but honestly it didn't matter if I had it in there or not.

When making the Italian dressing switch the vinegar amounts and the oil amounts. I like more vinegar than oil so this was perfect for me. Mix the dressing following the instructions and toss it with your favorite veggies. This for us was broccoli, cauliflower, ham cubes, cheese cubes, celery, onions, cucumbers and tomatoes. You could also throw in some olives and other veggies you see fit. This was so delicious and I love it! I am trying to keep this on hand because it's a great salad for a picnic or dinner. I like that it has no mayonnaise base dressing as I am always worried about taking those to picnics. ;) Some like to throw spaghetti noodles in it as well but I just like the veggies.

The other meal we had this week was super yummy too! Here's the photo...

Not a great shot but still a shot ;) LOL

These are the Zucchini Boats that you will find over at Gina's Skinny Taste.  This was so delicious and I used her marinara sauce on it. That stuff is awesome!!! This is a great dish for diabetics too because it is low in carbs and tastes wonderful. I really enjoyed it.

So what are you cooking this week? Stop by and share with me!!
Linking up with Our 4 Kiddos and


Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!