Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Nana's Banana Bread

Okay first off.. Roll Tide!!! Wahoo!!! ;) K.. Now that that is out of the way.. ;-)

I'm sharing the banana bread recipe that my MIL shared with me. (hope I don't get in trouble LOL) My hubby loves banana bread.. his Mama's banana bread. So when I tried this recipe I was a little worried. It came out perfectly though. :) Everybody loved it and gobbled it up. I was able to snap this photo before it was gone. Yes... That is my kitchen aid stand mixer in the background. Yes my Mama made me a cover for it with Bama on it. Isn't it awesome!!!

Banana Bread (With Pecans)
Dry Ingredients
2 Cups of Sifted flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Sift these together in a bowl and set aside

Wet ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, margarine or shortening
3/4 Cup of sugar
2 eggs
1/3 Cup of milk
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped walnuts( I used pecans)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray your pan with cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl cream the butter. Gradually add sugar, creaming well. Add eggs and banana making sure to blend thoroughly. Combine the milk with the lemon juice and set aside. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk a little at a time. Wait until it is thoroughly combined before adding more of the ingredients. Stir in the nuts. (it calls for walnuts but all I had on hand was pecans).

Pour batter in pan. This makes one full loaf or two smaller loaves. Bake full loaf about 70 minutes and the two smaller loaves at 55 minutes. When it is done the bread should spring back in the center. This was definitely a yummy loaf of bread!!! Hope you enjoy :)
I'm linking up today with Our 4 Kiddos and
Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!