Monday, April 1, 2013

"C" is for Cauli-Rice

Blogging Through the Alphabet Well I can definitely tell my tastes are changing and changing for the better. I had initially planned on having cake balls for my "c" post but things have evolved. :) I have been on my primal lifestyle change for 21 days! Wahoo! I made it!!! I can tell such a huge difference in my overall energy, tastes of food I enjoy and those I don't. I no longer want to feel that carb "fog" I felt so often for the past few years. I can only say that it is the strength and grace of God that has made it this easy for me. I really thought it would be difficult but after the first couple of days it wasn't. I do not like the taste of breads or even ice cream now. I tried to eat a small amount of Rainbow Sherbet last night and it was nasty to me. That, my friends, is major progress!!!

Anywho... back to the "c" post. I decided I would share my cauli-rice I tried. I love rice. My family loves rice. This was.. amazing! I really enjoyed it and my boys did as well. It's really simple and you can do a ton of things with this.

Cauli-Rice
1 head of cauliflower
spices to taste - we used some garlic powder, onion powder and soy sauce ( you can find gluten free or I think some use coconut aminos)
Onion cut up
mushrooms cut up

Basically you chop the mess out of the cauliflower in a food processor. I used my Ninja. (love that thing!!) Cut the head of the cauliflower into pieces that will fit into your food processor. Process it into a texture like couscous. I then placed my veggies, spices and "rice" in the skillet and placed some soy sauce in there as well. I  just stir fried the rice until it was the consistency we liked. It was very tasty! You can find a ton of recipes out there for cauli-rice or you can come up with your own! :)

Don't forget to stop by and check out the other "C" posts this week!!!


3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this. How wonderful! What a great way to sneak in some veggies. I think I could even do like half rice, half cauliflower to disquise it at first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie! Yes you could probably do both. :) It would be delish I think! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this sounds good. I wonder if I could sneak it into my boys' diet!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!