Thursday, August 8, 2013

Creative Cooking Day 4: Broccoli Salad Revisit














Unfortunately I never have a picture of this next recipe. It always goes so fast when I do get it finished that I forget to snap a photo. I will try my best to get one soon and share how awesome this recipe really is. 

Since we are winding down summer but it is still hot, I love to use salads and keep the kitchen cooler than normal. So my husband will grill and I'll make something like this next salad. It is diabetic friendly and super easy. 

Broccoli Salad 


10 cups of broccoli chopped
1 cup of raisins (you can do less if you want)
4 tbsp of onion (we usually do a little more because we like onions here)
4 tbsp of bacon bits
10 tbsp of Mayo
2 Tbsp of Vinegar
2 packets of Splenda (or your sweetener of choice)


Mix all your salad ingredients into one large bowl. In a smaller bowl mix all the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad. Stir it well and enjoy!


I really enjoy this salad and so does everyone else in my family. You can also see where I first posted this recipe by clicking here

Be sure to check out the rest of the blog posts this week by clicking the link below!


Summer Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!