Thursday, May 15, 2014

C is for Cast Your Cares

I was sitting this morning doing my devotional and wondering what to write about this week. While writing in my journal I saw a verse at the bottom of the page and it just hit me.

"Cast your cares on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved." 

Cast your cares. Too often I'm guilty of keeping a hold of my cares and worrying myself over them. What will we do if this happens? What to do if that goes wrong? Where will this come from? We all do it. We worry or fret over things that we have no control over.

God wants us to come to Him with our worries, our cares, our concerns. He wants us to give them to Him and to remember that He has this! He has control over it and He will not allow us to be moved.

Does that mean we will never go through anything? Absolutely not. Does that mean that we won't, as humans, worry? I can tell you from experience, that it's hard not too. I cling on to Philippians 4:6-7 during those difficult times. When my flesh is worrying and wants to freak out about things out of my control, my spirit says:

" Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

So many times I have repeated that scripture to myself. Every time, I mean EVERY TIME, I get worried about something or a situation in my life, God sees me through. It doesn't matter what it may be, God has a plan and it works out. It's not always in my timing but it's in God's perfect timing.

So remember that God loves you and is there for you to cast your cares upon. He wants you to bring your worries, your cares and concerns to Him. Make your requests known to Him. He knows what you need but when you bring them to Him and commune with Him, that's when your peace comes. That's when you feel that quickening that God's got this! No matter what comes your way, cast your cares!

Be sure to check out the other #ABC Blogging this week by heading over to the link below.


Ben and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!